Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Weird Tales of the Weird

As the title indicates, tonight's short post centers on the magazine Weird Tales.



Founded in 1923, Weird Tales has featured the work of those artists and writers whose focus lies in the area of the abnormal, often terrifying world of "weird fiction". Sci-fi, horror, mystery, etc. Weird Tales has published stories in genres across the spectrum for nearly a century. Though dismantled from 1954-1970s/80s, the magazine has been revived numerous times, and seems to be rising in popularity and commercial success moreso as of late.


I recently discovered the Weird Tales official website, which led me to discover that it was still in publication. I have admired the magazine for quite a while because of its publishing of some of my favourite authors, namely H.P. Lovecraft.

I suggest anyone who calls themself a fan of weird fiction, sci-fi, horror, or even just Lovecraft fans, check out the site AND possibly buy themselves a subscription (this trial pack is a pretty good deal for those not sure they want to subscribe).



I will be looking into submitting some of my fiction work to the magazine, as I have been exploring different outlets for publication this summer. Above all, I am happy to see that such a monumental magazine has survived to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment