Monday, May 17, 2010

Signspottings

Today's post is going to be a semi-short one, because I have to go to the store and buy hamburger meat before I go to work.

Today I would like to introduce you to the world of Signspotting.
This was something I was introduced to by my younger brother, who has a fondness for humourous books and such. It's a series of books filled with pictures of funny, strange, or just plain wrong signs from around the world.

Many of these signs feature ridiculous translations from their native language to English, though not always because the people of the region cannot translate. English is a pretty wacky language in itself.

The books can be found at Barnes and Noble and other bookstores, and, for those of you who don't ever leave your couch, can also be purchased online (Amazon, eBay, whatever you want).
And for those of you who are really cheap and don't want to buy their own copy (like me), you can go to the website and look at some signs there.

Now, I'm off to buy some cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment