Friday, May 14, 2010

I Can See Russia From My House

I have rediscovered an old love from way back in 2008. Think back to November of that year, and the months preceeding it. That election that everyone is still talking about. Everyone in America that is; I can tell you that there are a few billion Chinese people who probably couldn't care less. There are probably even some Norwegian mountain-men that have no idea who Barack Obama is.

Regardless of my political views, I have a very open mind and was delighted to find numerous websites springing up around election time that, while initially aimed at bashing Obama/McCain/Ronald McDonald, served to provide me with endless hours of amusement.

My favourite of these, and the topic of tonight's bloggposssttt, was Obama Eats Babies.




Yes, my friends, that is Sarah Palin holding up a wee lil' bee-baby to the left of that Obama-head with the creepy look.

The web-game is simple: click on Palin to throw a baby into the giant disembodied Obama head's mouth. When you throw it, Sarah pipes up with "eskimos" "Russia" "you betcha" or another word/phrase in that Palinesque accent we've all grown to love (or hate).

I managed to get a huge combo of "Russia"s, which was funny in itself, but augmented by the fact that I was also watching a video of Soviet soldiers dancing. Sarah knows what you do when you're online, folks.



There are other little details you might notice as you're tossing babies to the disembodied Obamahead, which prompts you with "MORE!" and "BABIES!" as you throw the little ones to their doom. Did you notice the baby with Hilary Clinton's face? How about the McCain baby?


I bring this to you not so you can judge it or me for favouring it. I am not promoting an "anti-Obama" stance by sharing this with you. I don't think that the creators of the game even wanted to promote that type of idea. It's supposed to be funny, and if you can't take a joke, then I feel sorry for you.

(By the way, what type of accent does Palin have anyways?)

No comments:

Post a Comment